The COVID-19 pandemic has added a new layer of risk both in daily life and in travel experiences. While no activity can claim to be 100% safe, there are many ways to mitigate risk and adventure travel professionals are experts at that.
As a response to COVID-19, we have meticulously reviewed every facet of the experiences we propose and have implemented a number of preventive measures to ensure your safety and the well-being of our staff and the members of the communities we take you to.
We closely monitor and comply with the recommendations and guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the government of each specific country where we operate.
Furthermore, as a member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association, we are following and enforcing the guidelines set by the organization with information and health advice from technical experts and organizations such as the Cleveland Clinic, a world-renowned healthcare provider ranked as one of the best hospitals in the world in 2020 by Newsweek magazine. These guidelines provide a path to an organized and safer reopening for the adventure industry by providing a common set of actions that we request from the travel businesses and suppliers we work with across the industry supply chain.
Our COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Planning Tools include standardized templates designed specifically by experts to assist travel industry operators in assessing whether a trip may be viable in relation to the COVID-19 related risks.
We assess risk under four levels: Low, Low-Medium, Medium-High and High. We only propose journeys and programs that have an assessed risk level of "Low" across all components.
We elevate our standards as best practices evolve. As international and country restrictions and public health guidelines evolve, our tools and standards evolve to reflect new advice and changes to guidelines when they emerge. While no one can promise complete safety, Deneb is actively working to make your travel environment as safe as possible by taking measures in the following four areas:
We ensure that all hired drivers:
– Have installed transparent isolating panels between the driver’s space and the passengers space – as configuration of the vehicle allows.
– Take a temperature check before they begin their work.
– Wear protective safety masks and comply with measures that include social distancing from passengers and hand-washing.
– Maintain the thorough ventilation of cars.
– Follow thorough disinfection procedures for their vehicle using ion generating devices and sodium hypochlorite liquid after the completion of each trip.
– Make hand sanitizers and safety masks available in the vehicle.